Hey loves! Jenni here with a new recipe for you to try! This recipe is quick to make and great to meal prep and eat throughout the week! You can eat it cold or make it into a quesadilla with some yummy vegan cheese! You are going to LOVE this recipe. Vegan or not, this is a great meal that is very versatile! For this salad you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 19oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 19oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 10oz can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper, chopped
- 1/4 onion, red or yellow, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3c Mexican Bean Salad
- 1/3c Follow Your Heart Cheddar “cheese”
- 1 Flour Tortilla
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SALAD:
- Add everything into a large bowl. Toss well to combine. If meal prepping, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR QUESADILLA:
- Melt 1/2 teaspoon of vegan butter or oil in the skillet on medium heat. LESS IS MORE when making a crispy, delicious quesadilla. Just use enough to coat the bottom the the pan.
- Add the tortilla and top with vegan cheese (I used Follow Your Heart Cheddar)
- Add the Mexican bean salad to one half of the tortilla. This will make it easier to fold.
- Continue to cook until you see the cheese begin to melt. Once melted, fold the quesadilla in half using a spatula.
- Transfer onto a cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Serve with a side of guacamole and fresh salsa!
For this recipe feel free to mix it up and make it your own! Bon Appetit loves!!